Free Services to residents of Burke and McDuffie Counties. Healthy Start promotes healthy communities by nurturing healthy pregnancies, healthy babies, and healthy families. Healthy Start focuses on strengthening families through community networking, case management, and education.
Participant and Community-Wide Education Services- classes and programs are free?
- Childbirth Preparation
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Infant Massage
- Strengthening Parenting Skills
- Infant-Toddler Development Education- how to enhance your child's development
- Home Safe Home- Home Safety Information for families with children
- Pregnant and Parenting Teen Program- moms and dads
- CPR-infant, child, adult,*
- Child Safety Seat- education and seat safety inspection
- Dads are Parents Too- support and education for fathers, Dr. Dad Course
- Staff development for providers in maternal-child health, early childhood care settings
Who can participate in Healthy Start Education Classes?
Everyone- Healthy Start Case Managed families, all community members, interested providers or consumers from the area
How can I find out about a class, sign up for a class, or schedule a class for a group?
Call Jodi Hudgins, MSN, RN, Coordinator Education and Networking: 706-840-5978, email, firstname.lastname@example.org, main Healthy Start office, 1800-982-3728.